I’ve talked about affirmations a lot on this blog because I truly believe in the power of daily affirmations to change your life. The key to change is the repetition of new thoughts, actions, and energy. This is why affirmations are a great way to manifest the life you dream of when you make them part of your daily life.
The first time I used affirmations, I struggled. Have you tried them before and given up? I get it because I’ve been there. Let me say, the key is regular practice and making it part of your daily routine.
If you are just starting, you may struggle because affirmations often go against who you feel you are right now. It is true that this is the point, but for some people, this is enough to stop them in their tracks. Don’t give up; here’s why.
Positive self-talk is an important way to shift your subconscious mind to catch up with that in your consciousness. Yes, it can feel uncomfortable at first. Keep with it and your conscious mind will catch up. If you want to become the very best version of yourself, using powerful affirmations is a great tool to add to your personal growth journey.
When using a positive self affirmation statement, the key is to get into the right mind frame.
This means feeling the shift of energy that the affirmation creates. The positive phrases won’t make much of a difference if you aren’t focusing on the positive energy created in your body. This is how you bring the Law of Attraction into your life. Hence, the entire process is more than just saying words out loud. Each step is a powerful way to create change by aligning with the universe.
What Is a Positive “I am” Affirmation?
A positive “I am” affirmation is a simple statement you will repeat to help create changes in your life.
Usually, it is short enough that you can repeat it over and over without needing to look at it written down. This is so you can repeat the affirmation any time, anywhere.
The key to using successful affirmations is to find something that you can repeat easily because you want to be able to repeat it often. Research supports that saying affirmations can “rewire” your brain and help you make positive life changes. So if you want to make major changes in your personal life, “I am” affirmations are a great way to do it.
Do positive affirmations really work?
Yes. I have seen it work for myself and many others. Self-affirmations improve your self-esteem by boosting your confidence. Additionally, they may help reduce anxiety-related feelings of panic, stress, and self-doubt.
Affirmations are a proven way to rewire your brain. This is also known as neuroplasticity, which is the brain’s ability to modify, change, and adapt both structure and function throughout life and in response to experience. But remember, the use of positive affirmations should be part of an overall growth and healing process. No tool can work in isolation.
Are affirmations the same as positive thinking?
Not necessarily. Often positive thinking can be misconstrued to suppress negative thoughts and this leads to toxic positivity.
You should use affirmations to help you overcome negative thought patterns and self-sabotaging behaviors.
Positive affirmations are meant to shift your focus onto the positive and encouraging things happening in your life so you can have more of that.
With toxic positivity, negative emotions and distress are dismissed and not met with self-empathy. As you are using affirmations, make sure you are showing yourself love and compassion as you experience pain.
Pain is a natural part of life and learning to cope with challenges is part of the growth journey. Make sure you are mindful not to shove down your emotions when practicing affirmations. This is about shifting your mindset, not denying reality.
How “I am” affirmations can shift negative self-talk
Do you struggle with low self confidence and a low self esteem? This is because of your negative self talk. You may not even realize how often your negative thoughts are directed at yourself. By repeating positive statements regularly, you can shift your inner dialogue to more positive thoughts.
This is a great way to improve your mental health. Having a more positive mindset will result in having more positive effects on your life.
Using positive affirmations to stop self-sabotaging thoughts
Do you instantly find everything you are doing wrong whenever you are struggling? Your self worth will take a major hit anytime you start self-sabotaging.
Using this list of affirmations will help you shift your negative feelings into more positive thinking.
The key is to be mindful and know when you are beginning to self-sabotage. This way you can use your affirmations to shift your mindset and behavior.
Making affirmations as powerful as possible
Make sure to say your affirmations in the present tense. Acting “as-if” the mental image you desire already exists is the first step to overcoming any limiting belief. This is so important because you need to feel the energy in your body.
Imagine that all your dreams have come true. Take a moment to sit with that emotion.
Emotions are the best way to change your physiological state. Your brain changes when you feel powerful emotions. By associating an affirmation with powerful positive emotion, your brain starts to rewire and soon will believe the affirmation is 100% true.
Make sure you are using powerful words that shift your energy
When you decide to use affirmations, start with one to three affirmations and make sure the words are powerful.
Again, you want to feel the energy shift. And by starting with only a few affirmations, you won’t spread yourself too thin.
It is the repetition of the powerful energy shift that creates long-term positive changes. It’s like exercising. Do you see strength in your arms if you exercise them once a month? No, you have to do frequent repetitions.
What can you use “I am” affirmations for?
- Improve self love
- Find your inner strength
- Become a stronger woman
- Feel like your best self today
- Get a fresh start
- Improve your overall health
- Overcome a difficult situation
- Overcome unhelpful thoughts
- Create more inner peace
- Develop mental toughness (or resilience)
- Create financial abundance
- Overcome low self-esteem
When should you say I am affirmations?
Using affirmations needs to be something you do on a daily basis. The key is to repeat as often as possible.
I suggest starting a positive morning affirmations routine. By starting first thing in the morning, you set a positive note for the rest of your day.
Have you ever woke up “on the wrong” side of the bed? You are instantly cranky, frustrated, and feel like the day is a loss? Learning to reset your energy when you are feeling down is a major part of living a happy life. By starting the day with positive energy, you carry that throughout your day.
Now as you learn to bring this new habit into your life, here is a list of 100 positive affirmations that you can start with.
Also, you’ll find more tips on implementing your new affirmations below this list.
I am affirmations for experiencing more happiness
- I am at peace and feel happiness each day.
- I a worthy and beautiful woman.
- I am attractive just as I am.
- I am strong, happy, and confident.
- I am amazing and worthy of my dreams.
- I am getting better and better each day.
- I am showing up with more passion in my life.
- I am building the happy life I deserve.
- I am working to build the life I desire and I know I deserve it.
- I am happier and happier each day.
I am affirmations for experiencing less stress
- I am at peace and feeling more calm
- I am calm, happy, and resilient
- I am calm in the face of stress
- I am peaceful and happy every day
- I am getting better each day
- I am taking responsibility for my own happiness today
- I am patient with myself and know change takes time
- I am resilient and patient
- I am releasing attachment to anything that does not serve me
- I am forgiving myself and other people to release the pain from my past
I am affirmations for improving self-confidence
- I am overflowing with renewed confidence every day
- I am worthy of love
- I am deserving of my dreams
- I am living my own version of happiness
- I am forgiving of myself because I deserve the same love I give others
- I am an amazing human being, just the way I am
- I am trusting of my own intuition and wisdom
- I am successful in my life and am ready to release any excuses
- I am free to create my dream life
- I am making a conscious effort to make the best of every moment I am given today
I am affirmations for acceptance
- I am exactly where I need to be
- I am releasing the need to control the outcomes in my life
- I am open to any new opportunity that comes my way
- I am accepting of events just as they play out, knowing I can control my reaction
- I am releasing the thoughts and actions that do not serve me
- I am responsible for my own well-being
- I am not afraid of the unknown because I know I can overcome all the challenges that come my way
- I am full of acceptance and love
- I am relaxed and I easily release things that don’t serve me
- I am accepting the power of the universe
I am affirmations for working moms
- I am doing my very best each and every day
- I am confident in my ability to be a working mom
- I am always working towards success and happiness
- I am always bringing unique value into my career
- I am a strong capable leader
- I am staying true to my values and authentic self
- I am stronger when I show up authentically
- I am enough
- I am on my way to greatness
- I am committed to being a great mom and have a successful career
I am affirmations for prosperity and abundance
- I am living a life full of prosperity and abundance
- I am experiencing more prosperity each day
- I am surrounded by abundance
- I am deserving of abundance and prosperity
- I am a money magnet
- I am constantly find new ways to create passive income
- I am eager to share my abundance
- I am worthy of the abundance I desire
- I am destined to have prosperity
- I am thankful for the abundance I have in my life.
I am affirmations for improving health
- I am getting stronger every day
- I am focused on being healthy and strong
- I am deserving of improved health
- I am healthy, energetic, and optimistic
- I am caring for my body by eating a healthy, well-balanced diet
- I am pain-free and my body is energized
- I am healing, and I feel better every day
- I am getting healthier and more fit every day
- I am patient and committed to improving my health
- I am nourishing my body with healthy foods
I am affirmations for love or finding a new partner
- I am surrounded by love
- I am deserving of love
- I am accepting of my partner unconditionally
- I am loved and appreciated by those around me
- I am open to love
- I am surrounding myself with friends who care about me and treat me well
- I am excited about the amazing people I’m going to meet today
- I am easy to talk to and make others feel at ease
- I am loving and lovable
- I am able to be completely authentic in my relationships
I am affirmations for increasing motivation
- I am always looking for positive ways to deal with challenging situations
- I am productive and focused each and every day
- I am successful in whatever I do
- I am mindful of the goals I want to achieve, so I don’t give up
- I am excited to see today’s blessings revealed
- I am in total control of my own life
- I am facing difficulties with courage and determination
- I am attracting success
- I am dedicated to creating the life of my dreams
- I am focused and committed
I am affirmations for improving mental health
- I am becoming mental stronger every day
- I am deserving of a happy and fulfilling life
- I am creating the life of my dreams one step at a time
- I am resilient and strong
- I am working to improve my mental health because I deserve happiness
- I am feeling more balanced and at ease
- I am worthy of the life I desire
- I am forgiving of myself and others
- I am focusing on the good that comes each day
- I am blessed and accept inner peace
Why is action critical when using affirmations?
Even the most positive affirmations won’t create changes if you aren’t willing to act upon them. Remember, to create a great life, you must be willing to follow through on the affirmations. So when you are choosing your affirmations, pick something that feels challenging but isn’t so overwhelming that you won’t act.
How to pick the right I am affirmations
When you are deciding on the handful of affirmations you want to start with, make sure you select affirmations that feel a little outside of your comfort zone.
But you don’t want to pick something that makes you feel sick to your stomach.
Why is this? Saying positive affirmations will cause cognitive dissonance; this means that your brain is going to struggle to embrace the affirmation because it doesn’t believe it to be true (yet).
The bigger the disconnect, the more internal struggle you’ll face.
You want to condition yourself to use affirmations, and start with mildly uncomfortable things. Practice and practice until those feel good. Then move on. This will help you create small wins as you face bigger and bigger challenges in your life.
Best ways to implement affirmations
- Start with a daily reminder on your phone. This will help you get started with your morning mindfulness and affirmations routine.
- Make a list. Take some time to find the affirmations that will work best for you and make a list and post it where you can see it often.
- Journal. Reflect on your affirmations daily, and make sure to write down your wins that support the affirmations.
- Make a vision board. This is one of the best ways to bring your affirmations to life and create the energy needed to shift your life.
- Practice, practice, practice.
What if my affirmations don’t seem to be working?
Using affirmations is not a magic bullet. It’s a single step in the entire process of manifesting your dream life. You must be willing to do the hard work for affirmations to come to life. This means constantly working to improve your mindset and your overall mental health.
It also means taking action when it might be uncomfortable. If you are expecting magic without any hard work, you’re heading down the wrong path.
Also, don’t give up. As I mentioned, I struggled for years with my mental health, and that played a big part in my manifestation journey.
The next step on your manifestation journey
For many women I’ve worked with, using affirmations is just the start of their manifestation journey. As you align with your spiritual self and release the conditions of the physical world, you begin to see your potential, yet it can feel challenging to do alone.
If you want to overcome limiting beliefs, I encourage you to check out this free masterclass. You’ll learn how the three secrets I used to overcome burnout for good so I could manifest my dream life.
3 Secrets to Overcome Mom Burnout & Thrive in the Face of Uncertainty